- Don’t let fruit go bad! This is the easiest and most important tip.
- Never bring bruised fruit into the home as fruit fly eggs and larvae can be found in the bad spots.
- Thoroughly clean the garbage disposal as a part of your home maintenance schedule.
- Take out the trash regularly or if fruit has been thrown away recently.
- Consider switching to a fine mesh window screen if you leave the windows open consistently.
- Store soft-skinned fruit in a paper bag in the refrigerator.
The following two tabs change content below.