I love the look of antique furniture but I don’t love those prices… Luckily, it’s fairly simple to get that antique look I love by buying inexpensive wood furniture and painting it to look old. All you need to know is a few little tricks and you can get the look you want for a price that is easy to afford.
This project shows you how I turned an Ikea wardrobe into a vintage look armoire.
- Latex Paint in Black, White and Warm Grey
- Baking Soda
- Sharpie or Magic Marker in Black
- Plastic Container (for mixing paint)
- Paint Brushes
- Paper Towels
- Sanding Sponge – Fine & Medium Grit
- Hardware of your choice
- 1”x6”x20” piece of scrap wood